Sunday, May 24, 2009

My First Outing

Today I ventured outside. I have never been outside but it always looked nice through the window and I was glad to see it in person.

We went out in the woods.

And by a little pond. I have never seen such things and they were lovely beyond my imagining.


We saw a tiny little turtle near the bank. I carefully watched him so as not to frighten him.

Then, even more wonderful, I rode in a canoe on the water! I stayed safely tucked in my carrier until we were launched and the canoe was stable.

Then I ventured a look around. I could not believe I was actually in a boat on the water! I have read about such things, but never imagined in my wildest dreams experiencing them!

The pond was so tranquil!

We returned to shore. I visited the little cabin boyscouts used to camp in. I am not a boyscout and I do not think I would want to sleep here, but it was nice to visit.

At last my first outing ended and I returned home tired but quite happy!

Dolly